Welcome to Good Care Week
The Care Talk Campaign was launched at the House of Commons on 3 July. This campaign will culminate in a Good Care Week will take place week beginning 22 April 2013 and each year thereafter.
Good Care Week will be a UK-wide annual awareness campaign which will see local initiatives come together to create a national presence with which to celebrate and promote excellence in social care and influence Government.
During this week we will raise the profile of the social care sector through national and local media.
- To champion excellence in social care
- To provide a platform and equip people who work in social care or are in receipt of services to act as a focal point for raising the profile of the sector locally
- To get the optimum members of the social care workforce , service users and families to sign up to our campaign and become a Care Talk Champion, promoting excellence in the sector
- To galvanise support locally via regional media
- For social care to be recognised as a professional career
- To initiate a nationally recognised Good Care Week which will take place in April of each year.